Posts Tagged ‘CP12’

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

gas-safe-logoLandlords have a legal responsibility to their tennants when it comes to gas safety. Landlords’ duties apply to a wide range of accommodation, occupied under a lease or licence. It is law that all landlords who rent property are required to have all gas appliances and pipe work checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer who will provide a CP 12 Gas Safety Certificate. An annual CP 12 certificate is a legal requirement for all landlords and tenants. Only competent gas safe registered engineers can carry out the inspection.


When Karl Birkett Heating and Plumbing (Gas Safe Registration No. 301439, Licence No. 2865607) carry out a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection we do the following tests during the CP 12 Gas Safety Inspection:

  • Check appliance make, model, type
  • Check flue type
  • Check operating pressure in Mbar or heat input kW/h or Btu/h
  • Check safety device(s) correct operation
  • Spillage test
  • Smoke pellet flue flow test
  • Check combustion analyser reading (if applicable)
  • Check flue termination satisfactory
  • Check flue visual condition
  • Check for adequate ventilation
  • Landlord’s appliance
  • Appliance service
  • Check appliance safe to use

and for gas installation pipework:

  • Check for satisfactory visual inspection
  • Check emergency control is accessible
  • Check satisfactory gas tightness test
  • Check equipotential bonding satisfactory

Landlord Gas Safety (CP 12) Certificates in South Wales

Based in Bridgend, Karl Birkett provides Landlord Gas Safety Certificate to customers based in Swansea, Port Talbot, Neath, Maesteg, Porthcawl, Merthyr Tydfil, Vale of Glamorgan, Cardiff, Newport and everywhere inbetween.

For further information on your CP 12, Landlord Gas Safety Certificate requirements, please call 07853 682789 or email